No matter what you sell, how you sell the product does make a difference. As a small business owner, you may not have huge resources for improving packaging and labelling, but you can always improve product presentation with a few basic ideas. Presentation or how a product appears to the end customers is considered to be a cornerstone of marketing. You can spend enough on promoting the product, but once it’s on the shelves, presentation determines if the customer would pick the item in the first place. In this post, we have a few tips on how brands, especially small businesses and startups, can take product presentation to the next level.
- Start with your customers. Before you consider presentation and packaging of any product, it is important to consider what the final consumer expects. Take a few surveys or check what your competitors are doing to get a fair idea.
- Check on labeling. Labeling is a necessity in packaging. When it comes to applying your product labels, it is best to try and minimize the costs, and there are revolutionary products available that can simplify the process. Some of these labeling products just require the custom label roll, and it can stamp in the label easily.
- Simplicity counts. For product labels, you need to keep things as simple as possible. Now product labeling is not just about marketing, but also about conveying information, which needs to be concise and effective. To make the product more attractive, packaging is what you need to think of and not the label. Ensure that the label is readable and extremely simple.
- Focus on packaging. The final packaging works like a marketing tool, provided done right. It may take the help of graphic designers and marketing experts to determine what packaging works best for the product concerned, and if you are already an established brand, you need to find a way to rethink, reimagine and innovate the product label.
- Be specific with information. If you want the presentation to work effectively, you need to keep a check on what you share on the label and packaging material. Does the customer really need to know this information? Does the packaging look too clumsy with printing done? Small aspects do impact your product’s market value so keep a tab.
Product presentation is more about how you sell the product, without losing out on information and with a check on packaging. It may take a while to come up with the perfect presentation, but if you do the labeling and packaging right, the product stands a better chance, given that competition is all time high in most markets. With said that, cost is always a big factor when it comes to designing product label and packaging, so check for innovative options, especially the ones that have been designed to make labeling an easy task. It is best to evaluate the product label/package well in advance before placing an order, and make sure that the packaging elevates the value of the item being sold.